Thursday, March 12, 2015

Snake Selfies Are Cool

This may not be everyone's cup of tea but I have been really enjoying taking  lately.  I have posted a few of these photos here on G+ but mostly I post them on Instagram (If you want to follow me there, here is the link:  https://instagram.com/cayrip/).  


I threw together this collage of 16 of my recent  for the fun of it this morning.   Snakes are not evil creatures.  Actually, if you take the time to watch a snake, I know you will find it fascinating.  If you take this one step further and learn about the snakes in your area, you will grow to appreciate these amazing beasts and turn any fear you may have into fascination.  It is human nature to gravitate to things we know and understand which can make us fear what we don't understand.

I challenge you to stop and watch the next snake you see.  I promise it will not chase or bite you (actually it is more likely to disappear before you get a chance to really see it).  Instead of screaming and running from the snake, watch how it moves, look at its colors and patterns, try to estimate its actually length (no fish stories please).  How do these things and anything else you observe help it survive?  Simply Amazing!

If you want to take a  of you own, send me a message and I will do everything I can to make sure it can happen.  If anything, your friends will think you are crazy.  :)

      

No comments:

Post a Comment