Sunday, November 16, 2014

Time For A New Way Of Blogging

It is time for a new sort of blogging.  I haven't blogged much lately because I think I have to write something spectacular but it just isn't in me. Maybe I will "write" again and maybe even frequently but I feel I have been trying to force it which is exactly against my nature.  If you try to force me to do something that I don't want to do, I am going to dig a hole, climb inside, and bury myself so you can't find me (shit - I won't even be able to find myself).  This is EXACTLY what has been happening to me at work and home lately.  I have found myself hiding instead of thriving.

Yes - I have been having great fun with the Snakespiration vlogs but those are literally 6-7 minutes of vlog, 5 minutes of processing, and then 30 minutes of YouTube uploading.  Plus I WANT to do these - they are tons of fun.  I just wish they were interactive with an audience - maybe it is time for a daily Hangout-on-air but those take a lot of time (planning and engagement with viewers).



So what is my solution - it is simple really.  I am going to post a timestamped account of my day.  I am going to log into blogger and write short snips of how I am feeling, what I am doing, what I am thinking, and what I want at that moment.  What a great way of capturing my day!  I am already doing this with short vlogs and instagram posts.  I will just be adding words and timestamps.  I think this is a brilliant way for blog, vlog, and just have a TON of fun instead of the stress of writing that amazing blog again.

Don't understand?  Here is an example:

7:13am - Hanging out with the dogs on the couch by myself.  I am beating myself up pretty badly right now for all the things I haven't done.  It is an incredible day out and I should be blogging.  What should I blog about?  The dogs?



7:53am - the boys have joined me on the couch with the dogs.  They are in a mood.  a crazy mood and I need to feed them to end it.  I need to finish this blog first.  :)

webcam snapshot of me blogging
You get the point from here....(I hope).  I will still write the other blogs - I just need a way to focus my life and see where things aren't working (dig hole and bury myself).


No comments:

Post a Comment