Thursday, February 25, 2016

Exhausted

I woke up tired today.  Just plain exhausted as if I hadn’t slept at all when in fact, I slept so hard that I don’t remember falling asleep.  I think that this week is just catching up with me or maybe I need to stop binge watching “The Walking Dead until 1:00am each night?  Probably the latter.  My morning routine has reflected this too with me getting to work around 8:00am.  I used to get to work by 6:30am or 7:00am at the latest.  I still wake up at the same time but rather than get out of bed, I just let myself pretend to sleep until the chickens start begging for food.  Then I hop out of bed and sleepwalk my way into the garage to throw chicken scratch out the back door to shut them up.  It is time to adjust this routine - if only to beat the chickens out of bed so they don’t make any noise that may annoy the neighbors.  I am not interested in getting to work any earlier these days.  If the girls don’t get their chicken scratch at first light, they cuss loud enough to be heard several houses away.
 
A chicken selfie from last summer with one of the "loud" girls
My writing has gone to shit lately so please excuse these lame blog posts.  My days usually contain at least one fun or exciting experience that deserves to be put to pen and paper but I just haven’t been writing them down.  One could argue that I am too busy with work and the boys lately now that soccer has started but that is just a lame excuse.  I could also argue that I just haven’t figured out how to write about these daily adventures but that isn’t true.  The adventures would write themselves if I just sat down to write them. The truth is that I am a chronic procrastinator and this is behavior is not conducive to achieving my goals with writing.  Back to my “fuck it” attitude I alluded to in my last blog post, I am not going to worry about it and let writing come naturally again.  HA!  As I am writing this, the song “Summertime” by Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince started playing in my ear - “And if it ain’t broke, then don’t try to fix it”  PERFECT TIMING!
So I am stuck today self-medicating my exhaustion with Diet Mountain Dew. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment