Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Run Streak Broken - January 5

I intentionally ended my run streak yesterday.  It was impeding my personal challenge for better health - yep, that is right, running was impeding my goal.  Sure I was running every day but I wasn't training.  I wasn't making myself better. I would get out and run my mile so that my streak stayed alive and while it felt good, I didn't have the motivation or will to improve.  My run streak was also keeping me from other things such as hiking, biking, weight lifting, and even rest.  So I ended it but that doesn't mean I am quitting running.  Actually, it means that I will become a better runner.  Today I start a training plan for a half marathon.  I don't have a race planned but for the next 12 weeks, I will run with purpose.  I will be training for something.  I will also be riding my bike on days when I am not running and escaping into my home gym (in the garage) to strength train.  So sometimes ending something leads to something better.  Oh!!!!  I really like that - ending something to find something better.

I am not sure if I will be able to get out to find birds today (I have a lot to do as we are opening the Lab for more hours each week and I want to teach an online herpetology course for adults this winter).  But I did see a bunch yesterday but only got decent photos of two species.  Here they are:

American Kestrel

American Tree Sparrow

 

No comments:

Post a Comment