Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Mission: Every Street

I am on a mission - an unusual mission but a mission none the less (I used mission 3 times in one sentence - ugh).  My mission is to run every street, path, and trail in the City of Louisville, Colorado in 2014.  I don't think I am going to have much trouble getting this done but there is one caveat that may break me.  The caveat is that every run has to start at my house.  This means that I don't get the luxury of driving to the other side of town to run a small section of road that I missed previously.  I am going to have to carefully plan each run to the maximum efficiency.
 
In the photo below, the gray shaded area is the City of Louisville and the area I have to cover.  If you plot my runs on January 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7 (I ran at work on the 2nd and 3rd), I really wasn't very strategic.  I have lines all over the place (red lines in the photo below).  This will have to change if I am going to be successful.  Each run will have to have a goal.  It is not practical to run 20+ miles without getting a lot of new road, paths, and trails covered.
 
Tonight's run is just over five miles long and covers a portion of my neighborhood.  It covers a lot but soon I will be running 5 miles just to get to a piece of road I need to run.
 
This is going to be fun!  How fast can I do this?  I will try to remember to post weekly updates showing my progress with a new coverage map.
 
 

1 comment: