Friday, June 27, 2014

There Is No Going Back Once I Hop The Fence

Google+ is to thank for this blog post.  Every morning as I ride the bus from Louisville to Denver, I play on my phone.  I may post a new photo on Instagram, cheer on my FitiBit friends, check my horoscope, or even listen to music.  I rarely visit Facebook anymore nor will I check email.  I do sometimes scroll through Google+ posts since these tend to be positive and can lead to a good start for my day.

Today's Instagram post showing my Backyard Dinner
This morning was a Google+ day on the bus and one post nailed it.  What a way to start a Friday!  The post was simple - just a .jpg with words.  The words read:

Three Simple Rules In Life

  1. If you do no go after what you want, you'll never have it.
  2. If you do not ask, the answer will always be no.
  3. If you do not step forward, you will always be in the same place.

It seems that everything this week is pushing me to do something (and I know what that something is).  Since yesterday's horoscope also alluded to a change (I can't believe I am putting stock into horoscopes...), I had to check today's horoscope.  Guess what - another push towards making a change in my life.  You can read yesterday's horoscope here and today's in the photo below.

Can Horoscopes Really Help?
I haven't been excited for the Center for Snake Conservation like I am today in a very long time.  My goals and aspiration to push forward with my non-profit have been stagnant.  My feet have been stuck in deep muck with a foul sulfur stench oozing up through the water for months.  Since I like the smell of muck, I stopped trying to move forward.  I have been wallowing in my own shit.  It is time to hop the fence to see if the muck on the other side smells even better.

THERE IS NO GOING BACK ONCE I HOP THE FENCE

Hopping the fence means huge changes for me.  It means that I am going to have to turn my back on an excellent and well-paying job.  It means I have to embrace my weaknesses and force myself to organize, plan, and attack my goals of success.  It means I can no longer wallow in my shit when a small setback occurs or I start to feel failure setting in.  These feelings will push me harder than ever towards success.  There is no going back to the life I am currently living.


The positives far outweigh the negatives in this decision to make the Center for Snake Conservation my focus 100% of the time.  I will be doing what I was born to do.  I will be happy and that alone will make all the difference in my life.

Me with two very special snakes from the southeastern United States

No comments:

Post a Comment